How to Trim Nose Hair – Step by Step Guide from An Expert in 2019
Everybody wants to know how to trim nose hair. Because it's sensitive parts of the body. Nose hairs are part of the body’s immune system. They trap toxins and other pollutants from entering your nose and lungs during breathing. They also regulate the humidity in the nasal passages. There are two types of nose hairs: microscopic hair-like cilia and coarser nose hairs. The coarser hairs sometimes grow long enough to protrude out of the nose. This can be embarrassing and an indicator of poor grooming habits. Though nose hair serves an important purpose, it does not need to stick out of your nose to be effective. With a little knowledge, you can easily trim the hairs sticking out without damaging your sensitive nasal cavity’s skin.
Table of Contents
- How To Trim Nose Hair - In Below
- The Best Nose Hair Trimming Tools
- How To Use A Trimmer
- Tips and Tricks for the Best Nose Hair Trimmer
- What to Consider for Trimmers.
- Final Words
How To Trim Nose Hair - In Below
The Best Nose Hair Trimming Tools
You do not need to pluck your nose hairs using your fingernails. This is not only unhygienic but it can also cause injury and infections. There are several devices specially designed to trim unwanted nose hairs. When buying any sort of trimmer, consider the following. Firstly, its size.Is it easy to use, store and travel with? Secondly,how easy it is to clean the device. Thirdly, the device’s attachments. Are they easy to connect and disconnect? The most common best nose hair trimming tools are:
These are scissors specially made to cut nose hair. Unlike nail scissors they lack sharp ends that may cause injuries. Nose hair scissors have smooth rounded edges.
Before use, always check to ensure the scissors are not dull. Dull scissors can pull out your hair causing pain. When cutting, smile or push up your nose to increase your field of vision. Then gently insert the scissors into the nostril and trim the noticeable hairs first. Sterilize the scissors with antiseptic when finished.
Tweezers are an option most grooming experts do not back. This is because plucking nose hair will cause pain. It might cause infections as plucking hair can result in blood loss which encourages bacterial growth in your nasal cavity.
However, with care you can pluck some strands without much harm. To do so, select areas with the most hair protruding. Grip the hairs firmly at the root and pull as quickly as possible. Once done, place a wet rag or ice cube up your nostrils to relieve the pain. Apply an antibiotic to prevent infection.
#1. Electric or Manual trimmers
Electric nose trimmers are either battery-operated or plugged in an outlet. They only require the use of one hand. They cut hairs faster and more efficiently. Whereas, manual trimmers don’t run on batteries or a plug. They require the use of two hands. The trimmers have covered blades to avoid damaging sensitive nasal skin.
How To Use A Trimmer
Before using any trimmer, ensure you read the instruction manual. This ensures you understand the features and controls. Reading the manual may give tips on getting the best results and avoiding injury. Follow the following tips for the best results:
1. Choose an area with good lighting.
This could be a well-lit bathroom. You should clearly see the hair you are to trim and what you are doing. Use a brightly lit magnifying mirror. A magnifying mirror will give a close-up of the areas that need the most trimming.
2. Clean your nose.
Sneeze or blow your nose beforehand. The cleaner your nasal cavity, the easier it is to look up at it. This also reduces the impact of the trimmers buzzing effect. Separate the nose hairs using a wet cloth or napkin. This prevents the hair from becoming frizzy leading to easier cutting.
3. Carefully insert the nose trimmer.
In front of a well-lit mirror, tilt your head back and insert the trimmer. Do not force it into your nose. The trimmer has covered blades to prevent it from damaging your skin. Never insert the trimmer too deeply inside your nose. You should only trim the hairs peeking out. Going too deep inside the nose will remove hairs needed to block pollutants.
4. Smile or push up your nose.
By smiling, you can increase your field of vision to see into your nasal cavity better. Trim the lower hairs that are visible when you look straight ahead. Use your fingers to pull your nose sideways to trim hard to reach areas at your nostrils edges. Break in between trimming to reduce the body’s sneezing reflexes. It is normal for your eyes to water a little bit when trimming nose hairs.
5. Clean the trimmer afterwards.
Clean trimmers soon after use thereby preventing hair and gunk from sticking to the blades. Failure to clean trimmers results in the blades becoming duller due to dirt buildup. Use the cleaning brushes that came with the nose hair trimmers if available. If unavailable, use an old toothbrush. Firstly, soak the razor head in warm water for 10 minutes. Secondly, sweep the buildup away with the cleaning brush. Thirdly, wash the trimmer head under running water.
Tips and Tricks for the Best Nose Hair Trimmer
- Do not press too hard on your nose with the trimmer. Doing so will cause nicks and cuts. This may lead to infections.
- Clean and disinfect your trimmer before every use.
- Dab a cotton swab with hydrogen peroxide to disinfect any bleeding area.
- Use an antiseptic cream to prevent infection and soften sharp hairs.
- Prevent over-trimming your nose hairs as they offer protection from pollutants.
- Create a regular schedule for keeping your nose hairs in check. Thirty minutes a week is sufficient.
What to Consider for Trimmers.
To ensure you make the right decision when buying a nose hair trimmer. Consider the following characteristics that the best nose hair trimmers have:
- Choose round nose hair trimmers over square trimmers. They are more comfortable to use in one hand.
- Choose nose hair trimmers that are compact and can fit into toiletry bags.
- Choose nose hair trimmers specifically designed for nose hair trimming. These regularly outperform the 3-in-1 nose hair trimmers with extra attachments in the market.
- Choose nose hair trimmers with an efficient cleaning system. Those allowing water to flow through the top and out the side are preferable.
- Choose waterproof trimmers if you want to trim your nose hairs in the shower. They are also easy to clean as they don’t require disassembly.
Unruly nose hairs, no longer need to be a source of embarrassment for you. Now you know the difference between tweezers, nose hair scissors and nose hair trimmers. With the knowledge provided, you can choose the best nose hair trimmer option for you. You can now confidently use these devices for optimal results. Try to attend to your nose hairs regularly.