Reviews Of Best Electric Pole Saw
Best Electric Pole Saw for Every Yard to Buy in 2021
Are you tired of using garden scissors for trimming branches and cutting twigs? Are you sick of the noise and pollution caused by chainsaws? Well, there are better alternatives for gardening out there on the market right now that are available at surprisingly convenient prices.
Electric pole saws combine the solutions to the specific problems traditional gardening tools raise. They are electrically-powered, having a cord that can be plugged into any power outlet.
Plus, they are capable of reaching otherwise inaccessible spots due to their length, low mass, and narrowness. Easy to handle, eco-friendly, and affordable, here are three of the best models of corded electric pole saws on the market right now.
Best Electric Pole Saw Reviews
The SWJ803E-CMO 10-inch, 8.0 Ampere Pole Chain Saw from the chainsaw brand, Sun Joe, is an ideal electric backyard tool. It is perfectly suited for trimming and cutting overgrown plant branches in even the most inaccessible of places. Its pivoting head enhances its versatility and maneuverability, while its camo design looks cool and blends in with its backyard surroundings.
Review: This electric pole saw offers some particularly appealing features. One such feature would be the power of its motor (current flow of 8 amp).
This enables it to saw through branches with a maximum thickness of 9.5 inches.
Furthermore, its modifiable length (5.8 to 8.8 ft.) extends the user’s ability to cut branches up to an overhead range of 14 feet.
The rotating head of the saw (the saw proper) can pivot up to 30 degrees from its initial position in both directions. With such mechanical features as these, Sun Joe’s pole saw is capable of reaching plants in places that are too high or narrow for other saws.
However, one possible improvement of this saw could be a redesigning of its pivoting head so that its range of rotation could be better.
- VERSATILE: Ideal for cutting overhanging limbs and thin logs
- TELESCOPING: Pole extends from 5. 8 ft. To 8. 8 ft. for up to 14 ft. overhead reach
- MULTI-ANGLE: Head adjusts from 0° to 30°
What We Like
- Range of head rotation: 60 degrees
- Extendable pole (5.8 ft. unextended, 8.8 ft. extended)
- Robust 8-amp electric motor
- 2-year warranty offered by manufacturer
What We Didn't Like
- Head has a relatively limited range of rotation
- Length of cord often insufficient
The 10-inch, 8-amp Electric Pole Saw PS45010S from Scotts Outdoor Power Tools is certainly a garden and lawn tool to be taken into consideration. Versatile, lightweight, and externally-charged, it makes gardening easy and fun.
Review: Among its multiple features is its 9.5-foot telescopic pole. When fully extended, it allows for a 15-foot maximum overhead reach. Also, it has a rotating head that can turn 30 degrees in both directions. The 10-inch Oregon chain and bar constitute an ideal cutting mechanism. It is protected by a cover that can be mounted on the saw head both during and after use.
In terms of its mode of functioning, the PS45010S features a robust 8 Ampere electric motor. This makes it able to cut sizable tree branches. It is equipped with an automatic oiling mechanism and an oil level window. This pole saw even includes tensioner adjustment free of additional tools.
Being electrically-powered, the saw needs no oil or gas. Thus, it is an environmentally-friendly alternative to customary backyard equipment without fumes or producing residue or mess.
The handle of the saw offers no negligible advantage, either. Molded out of plastic and covered in rubber with a foam grip, the handle is ideally designed for the user’s hand.
Among its possible future improvements would be a redesigning of the rather hefty head to reduce its volume and weight. Also, it could use a lengthening of the head, as well as a longer blade with more cutting surface.
- Scotts pole pruner with a powerful 8-Amp electric motor for cutting tree branches and limbs around...
- Tree trimmer pole saw with 10" Oregon bar and chain with 30 degree/5-adjustable cutting head angles;...
- Corded electric chainsaw with a pole that features an automatic oiling system with oil level window...
What We Like
- 8 Amp electric motor (clean source of energy)
- 60-degree cumulative rotation of the head
- Foam grip and rubber handle, ideal for lengthy use
- Maximum length of 9.5 feet reached by telescopic pole
- Protective cover for blade
- Oiling system that functions automatically with an incorporated oil level window
What We Didn't Like
- Bulky saw head compared to similar models
WEN’s 4019 Telescoping Pole Saw is an 8-inch electric saw that is powered by 6 Amperes of electric current. It has a maximum reach of 12 feet. Lightweight, narrow, and extendable, this chainsaw is sure to cater to anyone’s garden and lawn needs.
Review: Coming in to recommend this backyard instrument are numerous attractive features. With a length of 5.3 feet and a maximum extension of another 2 feet, it can reach branches up to 12 feet from the user’s shoulder.
Having a weight of just 6.7 lbs, it can be used continuously without exhausting the user.
Additionally, the Oregon saw chain is 8 inches in width. It is equipped with a blade cover and a shoulder strap, unlike most rivals on the pole saw market. The motor of this saw is powered by 6 Amps of current, allowing for a chain rotation speed of up to 36 feet per second! Not to mention, adjusting the pole does not require any tools.
A few future improvements can be suggested, however. One would be an articulation of the head and pole. This would allow the head to pivot in one or even multiple planes for greater mobility of the cutting edge.
The 6-Amp motor is also somewhat outclassed by competitors, as many feature 8-Amp motors. Last but not least, the blade could be increased in size to a width of 10 or more inches for greater cutting surface and length.
- Telescoping pole adjusts anywhere from 5.3 feet to 7.3 feet for up to 12 feet of overhead reach
- 6-Amp motor rotates the Oregon chain up to 36 feet per second
- Weighs in at a mere 6.7 pounds to limit user fatigue during operation
What We Like
- High speed of chain rotation (36 ft/s)
- Lightweight design (6.7 pounds)
- Shoulder strap
- 12 feet of maximum overhead reach
- 2-year warranty
What We Didn't Like
- 8-inch blade (smaller than many other pole saw models)
- 6-Amp motor
- Immobile head
Overall, the three aforementioned pole saws (Sun Joe, Scotts Outdoor Power Tools, and WEN) offer a wide variety of advantages.
Out of these three options, though, we recommend the Scotts Outdoor Power Tools’s PS45010S 10-Inch 8-Amp Corded Electric Pole Saw. It is the most versatile and comprehensive option due to its many features, powerful motor, and lengthy warranty.
Still, some may be looking for a more affordable, lighter pole saw that can tackle slightly less demanding gardening tasks. For that purpose, the WEN 4019 6-Amp 8-Inch Electric Telescoping Pole Saw may very well be the best way to go.